I was lit up after this episode. Marcus is a Dubai entrepreneur, an ultra-marathon runner, ultra cyclist and a motivational speaker who has zero filter on everything he says. If you need motivation today, this is the episode to listen to!
At the end of this episode, DM me or Marcus on Instagram – what is your Everest?
Rapid fire Questions
Marcus’s Social Media Links
The Health and Fitness Podcast by Inner Fight:
Marcus’s Book Recommendations
1) What do you eat before working out on the morning? 00:44
2) I've seen a lot of bulk and cut plans contain carbs before bed. Can you explain the reason and effect this has on the body? 09:21
3) This summer I will be doing a lot of travelling (interrailing/America) for 6 weeks. Any tips on training and eating on a low budget when travelling? 17:38
4) I feel a bit tired during my workouts and looking for something to give me that little bit of push to get lifting heavier weights. Is there anything I should be taking a pre-workout maybe?30:44
6) I’m really struggling with negative friends, every time I talk to them about my goals and dreams, they slag me off- what should I do? 45:28
Best selling author of ‘The Warrior Diet’ Ori talks through everything from his new book on stress and how ‘controlled stressors’ such as intermittent fasting and the right eating pattern can make you leaner, fitter and stronger alongside how it can slow down the ageing process whilst ramping up your sex drive.
Ori Hofmekler is a modern renaissance man whose formative military experience prompted a life interest in survival science. A graduate of the Bezalel Academy of Art and the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, where he received a degree in Human Science, he is a world-renowned artist whose political satire artwork has been featured in books and magazines worldwide.
As editor-in-chief of Mind and Muscle Power magazine, Hofmekler introduced his diet approach to the public to immediate acclaim from readers and professionals. He is the best selling author of The Warrior Diet, Maximum Muscle Minimum Fat/ the secret science behind physical transformation, the anti-estrogenic diet and unlocking your muscle gene/trigger the biological mechanism that transforms your body and extends your life (which a lot of you who follow my Snapchat and Instagram will regularly hear me mention).
His newest book The 7 Principles of Stress: Extend Life, Stay Fit, and Ward Off Fat--What You Didn't Know about How Stress Can Reboot Your Mind, Energy, and Sex Life is now available on Amazon and all well-known bookstores.
Ori’s Social Media Links
Amazon links to Ori’s Books:
Siobhan’s story is incredible. She talks through how she went from being overweight (and strong) to lean and fit and how keeping herself accountable on social media started it all! We talked everything in this episode from 9-5 jobs to travel to physical transformations and avoiding fad diets.
I hope you enjoy listening as much as I did recording.
Siobhan's Social Media Links
The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness
by Prof Steve Peters