Steven is a New York Times bestselling author, an award-winning journalist, and the Executive Director of the Flow Research Collective.
He is one of the world’s leading experts on human performance.
Steven is the author of eleven bestsellers (out of fourteen books), including The Art of Impossible, The Future is Faster Than You Think, Stealing Fire, The Rise of Superman, Bold, and Abundance.
His work has been nominated for two Pulitzer Prizes, translated into over 50 languages, and has appeared in over 100 publications, including the New York Times Magazine, Wired, Atlantic Monthly, Wall Street Journal, TIME, and the Harvard Business Review.
His new book Gnar Country – growing old, staying rad is available now.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s podcast.
· Using curiosity to manage anxiety
· Flow triggers and how to get ‘in the zone’
· Why taking choice off the table can be the secrete to peak performance
· The reason hesitation is deadly in you are in or entering a flow stage
· Grit is the last resort and what you need to do before then
· And more.
· Book: https://www.gnarcountry.com/
· Website: https://www.stevenkotler.com/
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kotler.steven/?hl=en
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KotlerSteven/
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/steven_kotler
· LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/steven-kotler
I'm keeping the trend of the unedited and raw Friday bonus podcast this week so hopefully it helps.
For first refusal or more information on my new Over 35 Program, pop you email in the link below.
Charlie is an experienced broadcaster, journalist, writer and documentary maker across both TV, Radio and Podcasts.
She’s been on the covers of "Women's Running" and “FHM Magazine UK”, and has done 3 Ironman Triathlons and 14 Marathons including London and New York City.
Tragedy struck Charlie while doing a 3,000-mile race when she got Malaria, was put in a coma, and on life support. Doctors gave her less than 24 hours to live, which made global headlines. Doctors were baffled at her recovery and that she's still running marathons and is not going to stop!
Professionally, she has worked globally for major TV networks and studios and had in-depth interviews with global superstars such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and David Beckham.
Charlie has recently released ‘Surviving El Chapo: The Twins Who Brought Down a Drug Lord’ working with Lionsgate and G-Unit productions. She developed the story, wrote, produced, as well as co-hosted the podcast with Curtis ‘50 Cent’ Jackson.
She is also the host of her own podcast Died and Survived with Charlie Webster.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s episode:
· Her 3,000-mile race, malaria, being put into a coma and on life support.
· How your childhood impacts the way you see the world as an adult.
· The importance of looking after your mental health
· How to avoid comparison with others and against your past self.
· Self-esteem vs self-confidence and why you need to know the difference
· And much more.
· Website: https://charliewebster.com/
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/charliewebster/?hl=en
· Died and Survived podcast https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/died-and-survived/id1658652310
· Surviving El Chapo podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/surviving-el-chapo-the-twins-who-brought-down-a-drug-lord/id1649359487
I dislocated my knee two weeks and torn the MCL..
Fortunately, or unfortunately (depending on your perspective), this isn’t my first injury..
I know the rehabilitation process at this stage and anyone who has ever got injured knows the same..
But that wasn’t the part I struggled with the most..
It was the mental side of injury or having to supportive mindset that could help me recover..
Often, especially in my late teens/early twenties I would get full blown circumstantial depression from being injured..
Thankfully I’ve worked on my mindset a lot over the years and know reframe injuries as opportunities.
Today's podcast is the four ways that I do that.
Ali is a nutritionist and registered dietician that specializes in subfertility and pre pregnancy preparation.
She has extensive experience working with people with PCOS and subfertility and contributed to the National Clinical Guidelines for Nutrition in Pregnancy and she has also completed training in Behavior Change, the low FODMAP diet and PCOS.
Today’s podcast is for anybody interested in preparing their body for pregnancy in the next 6-12 months.
Although the plan was to focus was on female fertility, we talk a lot about how men can prepare too (if a couple is struggling).
Please feel free to pass this podcast on to any friends or family members who would benefit from listening.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
- The pre fertility diet (for women and adjustments needed for men)
- The foods to avoid and what to include
- Alcohol and caffeine – can you have them or not?
- Stress management, learning to let go and pregnancy prep
- The main emotional, physical and physiological barriers to planned pregnancy
- The importance of sleep and the best way to track ovulation
- And more
- Website: https://www.dnc.ie/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedublindietitian/?hl=en
I’ve now been using the Whoop fitness wearable for two months straight and here’s what I found.
Click Here to get the WHOOP device and one month FREE.
I’m mixing it up with a solo podcast this week and expanding on a recent blog post that I wrote.
It’s a slightly different format to normal so hopefully you enjoy it .
Join my email list here to get my weekly blog post directly into your inbox: https://briankeanefitness.com/newsletter/
Laura Rhodes podcast: https://briankeanefitness.com/podcast/267-dont-let-anxiety-ruin-your-life-with-laura-rhodes-levin/
Padraig O’ Hora podcast: https://briankeanefitness.com/podcast/416-mayo-footballer-padraig-ohora-on-mental-health-dealing-with-anxiety-and-why-you-need-to-speak-out-if-youre-feeling-depressed/
Rewire Your Mindset Book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rewire-Your-Mindset-Thinking-Control/dp/1781334234/ref=asc_df_1781334234/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=406170683277&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2402647912319429263&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007850&hvtargid=pla-851480626485&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=88284845402&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=406170683277&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2402647912319429263&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007850&hvtargid=pla-851480626485
The Fitness Mindset Book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fitness-Mindset-tension-mindset-results/dp/1781332525/ref=pd_bxgy_img_sccl_1/259-8622179-2054067?pd_rd_w=kC4eP&content-id=amzn1.sym.79b812bf-5c8b-4c0c-851c-784423adaff5&pf_rd_p=79b812bf-5c8b-4c0c-851c-784423adaff5&pf_rd_r=K6KN3QNDNRN82TSNY6T5&pd_rd_wg=WkDNK&pd_rd_r=7974d0b5-e775-4080-b99e-a2744068dade&pd_rd_i=1781332525&psc=1
My link to get your WHOOP 4.0 device and your first month free (to try it): https://join.whoop.com/en-eu/BKF
You can read the full blog here: https://briankeanefitness.com/18-things-to-do-for-anxiety-and-3-things-to-never-do/