DDP is a WWE Hall of Famer, 3X World Champion, Founder&CEO of DDPY, Actor, Author and Inspirational Speaker!
The DDP story IS the heart of DDPY, a fitness program born out of necessity and reality. After years of wrestling injuries, including a broken back, DDP developed a real life workout that completely gave him his life back. His thinking was that if it could work for him, why not share it with others who want to own their lives again too?
Dallas has had some of the most inspirational transformations I have ever seen and is not just changing lives with his programs, he is also doing it with his online presence, his book Positively Unstoppable – The Art of Owning It and combinations of docuseries and films.
This is a two part episode. In today’s show we go into:
· How he got into professional wrestling
· The importance of mindset with any success in life
· Resurrection and relentless – the film and docuseries
· How he broke his back professional wrestling and had to create a fitness program because doctors told him he would never wrestle again
· And more
Lauren Hubert is a former fad dieter turned registered dietitian.
Lauren got her bachelor of Science in dietetics from Florida State master of science in clinical nutrition from Boston University and has more than five years of weight loss coaching with over 1,000 women.
Her goal is to help women lose weight and never gain it back again whilst loving their diet (and the way that they look)
She is also the host of the podcast Hot, Healthy, Never Hungry which is available everywhere podcasts are found.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s show:
Solo Q+A with Brian.
1. I’m struggling to slim down or get the fat off my legs. I run and added kettlebells but they only made them bigger. 00:33
2. What should I do if I get stomach issues when running? 10:17
3. How do I balance weights and cardio with a. fat loss goal, how many per week, rest days etc? 18:00
4. What made you go back to playing football this year? 25:04
5. How do I train hard but also prevent injury? 27:36
6. Do you find you’re becoming obsessed with whoop tracking or is it still a healthy relationship? 35:38
7. Advice to build a big round ass? 41:47
Whoop code: https://join.whoop.com/en-eu/BKF
Quick link to all my books, programs and courses:
Taryn Marie Stejskal Ph.D. is an international expert on resilience, mental health and wellness.
She is the Founder and Chief Resilience Officer (CRO) of the Resilience Leadership Institute. Prior to founding RLI, she served as the Head of Executive Leadership Development & Talent Strategy at Nike and Head of Global Leadership Development at Cigna.
She is considered the #1 international expert on resilience, mental health, and wellbeing in leadership and life and her work has been featured by Forbes, TEDx and NBC amongst others.
She is the author of the new book The 5 Practices of Highly Resilient People – why some flourish when others fold which is available for pre-order now and will be available everywhere books are found from April 18th..
Here are some of the things we discussed in today’s podcast: