Dr Richie Kirwan is a postdoctoral researcher in clinical nutrition and online coach.
His Instagram page @dr.richie.kirwan is a mixture of nutrition, science and food porn.
He is also the host of The Health Scientist podcast and has multiple videos linked on his site from menopause, diet and lifestyle support to PCOS, evidence-based advice and why losing weight is so hard?
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s podcast.
· Every food decision you make has a consequence (good, bad or indifferent)
· Why losing weight is so hard and what really stops people from achieving their goal
· Science doesn’t care about your opinion and learning where to get your nutritional information from
· Artificial sweeteners - everything you need to know
· Social media diet misconceptions to avoid
· Trigger foods, hunger and building systems to stay on plan
· Starvation mode – facts vs fiction
This is my appearance on The ScaleX™ Insider Podcast with Brendan McGurgan
This was a very enjoyable conversation with a wonderful interviewer; so hopefully you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed recording it.
In it we talk about the mindset approach I took when leaving teaching to building and growing a fitness business, the importance of accountability and how you can cut your learning curve by learning from others.
Subscribe or follow Scale X Insider Podcast here:
From Scale X Insider Podcast:
The Importance of knowing where you want to go but ensuring that it aligns with your values. Knowing when you should quit How fear shows up and some great questions we should ask ourselves to overcome it The importance of not trading your time for money but using leverage to scale Getting the balance right using Brian’s four quadrants for a full life Great advice to maintain a healthy life where Brian shares his morning and evening routines Legacy and having a conversation with you 97-year old self.
“Don’t forget the flowers at your feet when you are reaching for the moon.”
They are also the team behind MasteringDiabetes.org, an online coaching platform for people living with all forms of diabetes that focuses on low-fat plant-based whole-food nutrition.
Cyrus has a PhD in nutritional biochemistry from UC Berkeley and has been living with type 1 diabetes since 2002.
Robby has a master's degree in public health and has been living with type 1 diabetes since 2000.
Current medical wisdom advises that anyone suffering from diabetes or prediabetes should eat a low-carbohydrate, high-fat diet. But in this paradigm shifting book, they go through a century of research to reveal how that advice is misguided.
If you fall anywhere on the diabetes spectrum, this is a must listen.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
· The different types of diabetes and prediabetes
· How the conventional wisdom of a low carb, high fat diet is misguided
· Why food is medicine and what they recommend for reversing insulin resistance.
· How their personal experience with diabetes inspired their lifestyle choices.
· The green, yellow and red food choice list for reversing insulin resistance
Robert Sikes aka Keto Savage is a natural pro ketogenic bodybuilder and CEO of keto brick and live savage apparel.
His goal is to help educate and motivate every athlete who aspires to become their greatest self and he is also the host of the great podcast The Keto Savage podcast
Today’s podcast is a Keto deep dive. This is an absolutely must listen if you are interested in learning more or potentially experiment with a ketogenic diet.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s podcast:
· How carb back loading lead him to accidently falling into a keto diet
· How keto gave him food freedom and healed his disordered eating relationship patterns
· Who keto is for and who it is NOT for
· How long to give yourself to see the benefits of switching to a ketogenic state
· How training intensity is impacted on keto
· Dietary ketosis vs fasting ketosis
· Foods to include
· How to accurately track if you are in ketosis or not
· Exogenous ketones and what you need to know
· Website: https://ketosavage.com/
· Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ketosavage/?hl=en
Dr Tracy is a clinical psychologist, couples therapist, relationship expert, author, speaker, podcaster and mom of two.
She specializes in helping women and mothers build healthy relationships and learn to be their best selves by helping them to let go of guilt, communicate their needs, and set boundaries in their life.
Through THERAPY, WORKSHOPS, and ONLINE EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES, Dr Tracy helps you identify what you feel and need, how to show up and be present in your life, and give yourself permission.
This was one of my favorite podcasts this year and I apologies if it felt like a mini therapy session; but I was hooked in this conversation from start to finish. I hope you get as much from it as I did.
Some of the things we talked about: