1) How can I wake up earlier, I struggle to get up as it?
2) What are your thoughts on smoking (on nights out for example)?
3) How can I stop being bullied?
4) I'm spending over an hour in the gym, how long should my sessions be?
5) My question, therefore, is how does one break through the mindset of accepting mediocrity as a baseline(ie. 'I’ve been good enough today so I deserve this')and excel to get nutrition and training on point simultaneously?
Today I turned 30 so apologies if this one is a little scattered, I literally just pressed record and talked for this whole episode and jumped around a bit. I hope it helps all the same.
1) Don’t take yourself too seriously
2) Nobody really cares what you do, think or say
3) You’re better to have 4 quarters than 100 pennies
4) You can have anything you want, just not everything you want
5) Don’t let ego be your enemy
Damian is a former professional rugby player (playing for Connacht, Leinster alongside spells in France), at 6’6 and 120kg, he ran the Marathon Des Sables in 2016 and is about to undergo a gruelling 90 day challenge of crossing the Atlantic Ocean on a boat- no engine, no sail, no support, no company.
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
Christmas is just over 3 weeks away so today’s episode goes into a few tips you can apply for the
next few weeks to look amazing for the festive period so you can enjoy the extra food and drink over Xmas week and look your absolute best.
1.Eat super clean for the next 3 weeks (and then take Xmas week off)
2.Add in some HIIT or LISS cardio to the end your workouts
3.Up the intensity in workouts by reducing rest or adding circuits or giant sets
4.Add in green tea extract and l-carnitine to ramp up fat burning for the next 3 weeks.
5.Cut back on alcohol until Xmas week.
6.Be very specific about your goals for the next three weeks (more visible abs, drop a dress size,
more defined arms etc.)
7.Think about whom you are looking to see or impress at Xmas and use that to stay motivated
(including the secret ‘I want to pull that person’ tip).