Gary is a running coach and ultra-runner who has spent 10+ years getting results for runners.
His coaching methodology is always to apply up to date science, research and training but he’s also not afraid to try new things and take inspiration from all corners of sport and life.
Having been competing himself for 15 years and coaching for 10 of them he use both these experiences combined in a unique service that gets results.
The House Running Club is a place where you can laugh and learn along with runners just like you from around the world with high level accountability from our coaching team.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s show:
· How he got into running (and how a random half marathon in Leicester led him meeting his wife)
· His first race vs his most challenging race
· Avoiding or managing the dreaded shin splints
· When and if you should focus on your running technique
· Strength and gym programs to support your running performance
· How to recovery after runs (from short 5ks to 100km weeks)
· The motivation question and mindset shift of “why haven’t you stopped running”?
· And more..
Quick links: https://houserunningclub.com/quick-links/