Brenda is a radio producer, journalist and general fitness lover.
She gave up smoking a year and half ago and recently completed her first ever marathon.
In today’s podcast we unpack how to stay motivated when it comes to training for any physical goal like a marathon and the mindset or tools needed to give up smoking (or kick any bad habit) for good.
Here are some of things we talked about in today’s episode:
- 2019 when she were a 30 a day smoker and couldn’t run 2km to now.
- What she did to finally give up smoking after more than 10 years!
- How she got over her fear of the gym and working out
- Her couch to 5km to a full marathon story
- Why running isn’t just about fitness, it’s about finding yourself and building confidence
- How the law of attraction and the power of positive thinking changed her mindset
- How anybody can get motivated if the write down their goal and surround themselves with the right people
- Why you need to stop insulting yourself and build inner confidence