Dr Rupy Aujla, aka The Doctor’s Kitchen on social media, is a medical doctor specialised in General Practice and is a firm believer in the power of food and lifestyle change as medicine.
He set up his website out of a passion to inspire people about the beauty of food and the medicinal effects of eating well. He creates delicious recipes and brings attention to the clinical research behind the ingredients he uses.
Personally, I love his message -
No Myths. No Fads. Just delicious healthy food.
His amazing first book ‘The Doctors Kitchen’ is full of recipes, lifestyle tips, interesting events to attend and lots of evidence-based information from an open-minded straight-talking doctor. His new book ‘The Doctors Kitchen – Eat to beat illness’ is out in March as is now available for pre-order.
Some of the things we talked about
- How a few changes to his diet and lifestyle stopped Rupy getting a medical procedure in 2012
- How doctors only get 5 hours of nutritional training over 5 years and some of the problems with a ‘medicine only’ approach
- Tips for eating healthily when you live a super busy lifestyle
- The biggest nutrition mistakes he sees with patients
- Why our tribal mentality leads to being strict with certain diets (Vegan, Paleo, Carnivore etc)
Sponsored by Udo’s Choice
Doctors Kitchen Eat Beat Illness