They are also the team behind MasteringDiabetes.org, an online coaching platform for people living with all forms of diabetes that focuses on low-fat plant-based whole-food nutrition.
Cyrus has a PhD in nutritional biochemistry from UC Berkeley and has been living with type 1 diabetes since 2002.
Robby has a master's degree in public health and has been living with type 1 diabetes since 2000.
Current medical wisdom advises that anyone suffering from diabetes or prediabetes should eat a low-carbohydrate, high-fat diet. But in this paradigm shifting book, they go through a century of research to reveal how that advice is misguided.
If you fall anywhere on the diabetes spectrum, this is a must listen.
Here are some of the things we talked about:
· The different types of diabetes and prediabetes
· How the conventional wisdom of a low carb, high fat diet is misguided
· Why food is medicine and what they recommend for reversing insulin resistance.
· How their personal experience with diabetes inspired their lifestyle choices.
· The green, yellow and red food choice list for reversing insulin resistance