Mathew Fraser is the 5X Fittest Man on Earth: the most successful and dominant CrossFit athlete in history, a 5-time CrossFit Games Champion (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020) and the only 6 time individual podium finisher. Prior to his CrossFit career, Fraser was also the 2009 Junior National Champion Weightlifter and son of Olympic athletes.
Mat’s journey to success is characterized by adversity, including fighting his way back to fitness after breaking his back in a training accident aged 19. Mat now shares his fitness secrets and insights across social media to a following of 2.4 million avid fans and Instagram followers.
He is also the author of the book and national best seller Hard Work Pays Off (HWPO) Train. Eat. Sleep. Repeat which we discuss in today’s episode.
This is an incredibly inspirational podcast and one I will listen back to regularly when I need a dose of motivation. This is up with there with one of my favorite ever episodes; so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed recording it.
Here are some of the things we talked about in today’s show:
· How and why, he ended up in Crossfit
· “To endure really means one thing to me – sacrificing a moment of pain for a lifetime of freedom” – why you need to choose your suffering.
· His relationship with failure and using it as feedback to improve
· The f*ck you mentality and using ‘bad motivators” the ones you “shouldn’t’” have to fuel you (but how it only gets you so far before it becomes destructive)
· Turning your weaknesses into your biggest strengths
· The reason you need to have a ‘big why’
· The launch of the app and future of HWPO.
· And much more
Twitter - https://twitter.com/MathewFras
Training programme link